In the month since George Floyd’s killing sparked protests nationwide, some demonstrators in Durham have literally taken their message to the police.
Updated at 11:19 a.m. A sharply divided U.S. Supreme Court on Monday stood by its most recent abortion precedent. Chief Justice John Roberts joined the court's four liberals, citing the Supreme Court's adherence to precedent, to invalidate a Louisiana law that required doctors at clinics that perform abortions to have admitting privileges at a nearby hospital. Louisiana's law is virtually identical to one struck down by the court in 2016, which found that the admitting-privileges law in Texas...
Stigma, confusion and outright discrimination shape the health care experiences of many transgender and gender non-conforming people. In a national survey of transgender people in the U.S., 29% said health care providers had refused to see them because of their actual or perceived gender identity.
On this edition of the Embodied series , host Anita Rao learns about the ways gender-affirming doctor’s visits, home life and classrooms can improve health outcomes for transgender and gender-nonconforming people.
- US top court strikes down law limiting abortions
- Fran?ois Fillon, former French PM, and wife guilty over fake job
- Qasem Soleimani: Iran seeks Trump's arrest over killing of general
- Coronavirus: Swift and dangerous turn in Texas cases, says governor
- Bangladesh ferry crash: At least 32 dead as boat capsizes
- Kim Kardashian West sells $200m stake in cosmetics brand